It's easy to keep your Invisalign® aligners in tip top condition. Here's how to keep your aligners clean, and clear over the course of your Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign is the ideal orthodontic treatment for people who are concerned about how they might look to others while they are straightening their teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are both clear and removable!
While undergoing Invisalign treatment you'll want to keep your aligners clean, clear and in tip-top condition. Here's how to clean and care for your aligners.
In order to avoid accidentally damaging your aligners store them in their case whenever they aren't in your mouth.
Make sure that you brush and floss your teeth before returning your aligners to your mouth. It's a good idea to also rinse your aligners under warm water or gently clean them with mild soap a soft toothbrush before putting them back in place.
The Invisalign® cleaning system is available to help you keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear. Use the Invisalign cleaning system daily for just 15 minutes to help to remove plaque from your aligners.
How to use Invisalign cleaning system:
- Remove and rinse your aligners.
- Place the aligners into the cleaning container and fill with warm water.
- Add one packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals then gently shake for 20 seconds.
- Soak your aligners in the solution for 15 minutes.
- After soaking, gently shake once more.
- Remove aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot) and return your aligners to your mouth.
It's important never to use hot water on your aligners! Heat can cause the thin clear plastic to warp. Once you've finished cleaning your aligners take a few seconds to rinse out your aligner holder too.